Thursday, April 28, 2011

Administration Transparency

Well, maybe more like frosted and tinted glass that's bullet proof.

Recently, while President Obama was giving a speech for a fund raising event at St. Regis Hotel a reporter was banished, and it wasn't someone from Fox News, awfully sorry.  Carla Marinucc from the San Fransisco Chronicle was banned from covering any future events in the Bay Area with the president.
You can read it here (Woa, I provide sources.  I must have listened in college...or work in the news.)
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/bronstein/detail?entry_id=87978

My question is "what type of phone was it?"  Well, at least the mainstream news (not to be called mainstream much longer mind you) would ask that question and quickly move on to cover the Royal Wedding...not that it effects America.

Obama said, "The main reason we wanted to do this is," he [Obama] was referring to he and Mark Zuckerberg meeting, "first of all, because more and more people, especially young people, are getting their information through different media. And historically, part of what makes for a healthy democracy, what is good politics, is when you've got citizens who are informed, who are engaged."

I guess the Obama Administration only wanted old folks to read about the liberal protest at HIS special event.  Actually, I believe it has more to do with the embarrassment it caused for the administration, heaven forbid we show LIBERALS that disagree with the All Mighty O!

The big issue here is the transparency that Mr. Barak Obama campaigned on, where oh where did it go?  Let's not forget that Obama received a "Transparency Award"...but the press was not present. 
http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/03/30/president-obama-receives-transparency-award-no-press-there-see-it
Here's a second source for those of you who like to restrict your viewing to OAK's (MSNBC, CNN)
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/federal-eye/post/obama-finally-accepts-his-transparency-award-behind-closed-doors/2011/03/31/AFRplO9B_blog.html

Oh, yeah, what's an "OAK".  That would be an Obama-Arse-Kisser O-A-K.  I do apologize, I don't mean to insult you liberals (or maybe I do, but in a friendly way).  However, how often do you see the president criticized or critiqued on those networks?  I mostly follow Drudge and, get ready for this, Michael Savage, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck (Bet that made you irate), Mark Levin and Sean Hannity.  I'll listen to them any day over watching the news (I even have them in my phone, and I don't get banned from events with my phone either!) and Michael Berry (my favorite).  Levin, Savage and Beck sometimes get me irritated, but then you have to look at what they're doing.  Levin and Savage stand away from both parties and tear them to shreds.  Beck is extremely American and his morning shows are hilarious.  I leave for work late so I can hear him.  What does this have to do with my topic...

BACK ON TOPIC!  (I wasn't yelling when I typed that, Levin would though) 

When the government starts trying to control, and we are beyond the "trying" part, the press a republic is in serious trouble.

The Queen is more transparent when they chose not to invite President Obama.  Excuse me while I pretend to walk away from the computer to get some coffee and laugh.  I can see Obama sitting there thinking about this.  "Aren't I popular enough, I'm cool aren't I?  I mean, everyone loves me!  I gave her an iPod with my speeches!".  I'm sure her trash can is enjoying that piece of garbage immensely, don't worry!  I'm sure she recycled!

We have to have transparency within our government.  People remember their ideals, morals and principles.  When Obama has been on camera saying on thing and then saying the exact opposite later on it is clearly a lie.  Individuals do not get confused on what they believe, Obama knows what he believes.  His contradictions tell us the truth.

Well, I hope I managed to provoke happy thoughts, delightful smiles and intelligent ideas.  My last word of advice for the day is: always ask "why", never follow blindly.

Have a Nice Day.

Mr. Nice Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment